Welcome to the official website of the diverging diamond interchange. Here, you can learn all about the diverging diamond interchange including:
- What is the diverging diamond interchange (DDI) and how it works
- How the design can significantly improve traffic operations
- Why the design is considered a safer design than other diamond interchange forms
- Why this concept is such a low cost solution
- The history of the DDI
- Specific features related to the design
This website is brought to you by ATS/American. Although this website is targeted primarily to transportation engineers and planners, it also provides the background necessary that allows any transportation enthusiast to learn about this innovative design. All questions, comments, and suggestions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional updates will be placed on the website when possible.
Photo: Aerial photo of I-44 / Kansas Expressway Diverging Diamond Interchange in Springfield, Missouri. First of its kind in the U.S. Photo from Missouri Department of Transportation.
Please contact us if you know of an additional location where a DDI is opened to traffic.